My eCommerce work includes design, development, content authoring, Website migration, marketing, and retention on these various open source and proprietary platforms. They are listed in no particular order.
- Shopify (eCommerce)
- WordPress (information)
- osCommerce (eCommerce)
- xCart (eCommerce)
- Avetti SimpleMerce/Avetti Commerce (eCommerce)
- Drupal (eCommerce)
- DealerSkins (auto store)
- Dealer.com (auto store)
- Outstart Studio (eLearning)
- SumTotal (eLearning)
- Miva Merchant (eCommerce)
Between 2004 and 2022 I built eCommerce solutions for a variety of companies. These included applications and functionality along with populating Websites with product and subsequent SEO & SEM. My responsibilities with several of these roles also included extensive marketing, customer development, and retention. I created all the graphical elements for each site in Adobe Photoshop. Many of these platforms used MySQL for database management.
- Bugeyeguy – Shopify platform selling Austin-Healey Bugeye Sprites along with a large selection of bits and bobs to keep them motoring down the road.
- AIER (American Institute for Economic Research) – Drupal 7 platform. Implemented eCommerce functionality and populated Website with product. Developed data visualization tools utilizing HTML5, JSON & API’s. Built Captivate Likert Scales for the Employment Destinations and College Destinations Index and contributed to AIER’s Daily Economy blog.
- Sterling AMG – Completed and launched six xCart/Smarty Websites marketing camping gear, CFL lighting products, home safety products, storage solutions, and discounted return items.
- The Entrepreneur’s Source/FranchiseSearch.com – osCommerce platform offering a large selection of franchise opportunities. Extensive HTML/CSS.
- Angrave Metrology – osCommerce platform marketing an assortment of both metrology and general purpose tools.
- Outdoor Designs, LTD. – HTML/Miva eCommerce platform selling branded teak outdoor furniture.
- RobertBatesole.com – WordPress informational site with my professional portfolio.
E-commerce Best Practices:
- Avoid clutter
- Simplify your menus
- Add a search bar
- Reliable and accessible web hosting service
- Eliminate steps in your checkout process
- Don’t force shoppers to create a profile
- Send shopping cart abandonment emails
- Prioritize SEO
- Write blog posts on a reasonably consistent basis
- Build an email subscriber list
- Accept as many payment options as possible
- Write informative product descriptions
- Get rid of adverts
- Provide easily accessible customer service (incl. phone #s)
- Run tests and analyze results
- Offer free shipping
- High-quality product images
- Video demonstrations
- Feature customer reviews and testimonials
My marketing for not-for-profit and for-profit organizations has included…
My marketing experience includes creation and execution of campaigns and materials across various marketing channels and the development of marketing metrics for program measurement. I work with Facebook Ad Manager, Instagram Creator Studio, and Google Ads along with many years of SEO, SEM, landing page design, and call-to-action content.
I have designed print material including brochures, flyers, and catalogs for trade shows and on and off-line product promotion, banner ads, and interactive content with Adobe CC (Photoshop, InDesign, PowerPoint, Animate) and Quark.